Thursday 17 January 2008

17 January 2008


Yet another thing of beauty that I fell head over heels in love with.


It was last autumn, at the Turku Herring Festival in Finland. A goldsmith had a stand, selling his own series of jewellry.


He told us he had collaborated in creating the series with a designer who had studied old Carelian designs. There were earrings, bracelets, pendants and... rings.


And I bought this ring, made of bronze. When a colleague of mine saw it, she said 'it looks like something out of Lord of the Rings!'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want one of those! I have a heavy iron ring with a blob of bronze, it looks a little like a knights helmet... quite different, but I was reminded of it by this photo.

Milla < towel >

Titania said...

Yeah, if I could have afforded it, I bet I could have bought at least half of all his stuff...